Wow… it’s already the end of September! Guess it’s time to get started on this year’s haunt.
To be honest, I’m getting a little bit of a late start this year. I’ve had so much other stuff going on, that Halloween kind of snuck up on me. But I have picked up a few new bits and pieces over the summer. I have a new rotisserie motor that I need to do something with.
I think this year the bride and groom are going to return. They sat things out last year, and before that they were in the window rather than front and center. I’m thinking for going back to my wedding of the dead theme, but doing some of the stuff I just didn’t have time for the last time around… like the ghostly dance floor.
It’s September… that means it’s time to start planning for Halloween!
I’ve got a few new decorations planned for this year, and if I don’t get lazy about it, maybe I’ll write up some how-to’s on them. Stay tuned!
I hope everyone is enjoying their Halloween. Trick or treat starts in just a handful of hours. I’ll be posting photos of this year’s display later this week.
To all the ToTers out there, just a few things to remember:
- Don’t trick or treat alone. Always stay in sight of your parents or your group of friends.
- Never, ever go into a stranger’s house.
- Be respectful of people’s decorations. Don’t touch, climb on, or play with the displays.
- Be careful when you cross a street. Make sure to look in both directions and make sure that there are no cars coming.
- If you are an older kid or young teen, and going out with friends, make sure that your parents know where you are going and who you are going with.
- Carry a flashlight… it gets dark early in October.
- If your mask is hard to see out of, take it off between houses.
Have fun and be safe!
Well, I’ve got my candy, I’ve got my pumpkins, and I’ve got my costume.
This weekend, I’ll be finishing up my yard display, and getting ready for the big night. Trick or treat hours are 6pm to 8pm in my town, so I’ll be cutting it close getting off work at 5, but I think I’ll make it home on time.
Read the rest of this entry »
This site has been long-overdue for a revamp, so this is the year it’s finally getting one. Keep an eye on this space in the coming days, as I’ll be ramping up to Halloween with updates of the progress of this year’s display and other goodies.
Continuing with the idea of themed displays, 2010 was dubbed the Witch’s Kitchen. It was also the most pumpkins I’ve ever had, rounding out at an even dozen. Incidentally… I dyed my hair black for this costume, with dye that was supposed to wash out in 21 days. It’s almost a year later and it still hasn’t completely faded out. Read the rest of this entry »